Thursday, May 19, 2011

White Turkey Redux

I made the white turkey chili this week because it's been cold (relatively) and rainy here but I tweaked a couple of things that I thought I'd share. http://sebiacooks.blogspot.com/2010/11/white-turkey-chili.html

In the original recipe it called for ground turkey and cubed turkey breast. I omitted the turkey breast when I posted the recipe. When I made the chili this week I used ground turkey and meat from a smoked turkey leg. It added a nice smoky meatiness. I also mistakenly bought lima beans instead of butter beans. You would think a girl from the South would remember the difference but my white turkey chili was Green & White Chili. Oh well, Mike & I like both. If you don't like butter beans (or limas) substitute white, navy or cannellini beans. The point is play with your food. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment