Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Facebook Foodies

I belong to a group on facebook that has some amazing cooks. Many of them are very inventive and creative cooks and I love stealing their ideas. This recipe comes via Ann Sheaffer Gibert. I loved her addition of bulgur.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_145977728780987

I am not an olive fan, I know, I know, so I added tomatoes instead. The tomatoes worked but feel free to stick with the olives.

Chicken Vesuvio my way

4 skinless chicken thighs, bone in (or bone in breasts or combo)
1 cup white wine
2 cups chicken stock
1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes like Pomi
3 large cloves of garlic, peeled, cores removed and pressed
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
1 1/2 cups bulgur

Season the chicken with the salt and pepper. In a small amount of olive oil, brown the chicken, about 5 minutes per side. Then add the stock, white wine, garlic and tomatoes, cover and simmer until chicken is done about 40 minutes. Adjust time if you are cooking breasts. Remove the chicken and place in a warm oven. Add the artichoke hearts and bulgur and stir well. Cook for another 10-15 minutes, covered, adding a bit more stock if necessary. Remove from the heat and let sit for about 5 minutes. Remove chicken from oven. Season and serve.

Thanks Ann. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment