Friday, February 4, 2011

Blondies for my baby

Abigail is back in NYC struggling with severe cold, snow and general winter misery. This is a California girl who is not used to extreme weather. I decided to make her a treat and send her some Vitamin D for these sun deprived months. I remembered an old and favorite blondie recipe from, I kid you not, Cosmopolitan magazine in the 80's. I must have made them for her dad. The way to a man's heart and all that. I wish I could give more credit where credit is due but this recipe is just too old.

Blondies for Abigail my way

2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/4 sticks unsalted butter, softened
2 cups brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 small bag semisweet chocolate chips, about 1 cup
1 cup peanut butter chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 13" x 9" x 2" pan.

Mix together dry ingredients. In a stand up mixer cream butter and brown sugar together until light and creamy. Mix in the eggs, one at a time, then add vanilla. Add dry ingredients and blend well. Add the chips.

Put in prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes until golden. Let cool before cutting into squares. Makes about 2 dozen, 2" squares.

These are rich and yummy, almost caramely. The original recipe calls for 1/2 cup chopped pecans and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts. Abigail is not crazy about them so I left them out. Feel free to add your favorites. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh Yum!!! I haven't had blondies in such a long time! I love that this recipe has peanut butter chips in it, that must make it super incredible...I'm bookmarking this one, Thanks Sebia!

    ReplyDelete